Feeling meme-y

This is from Friday's Feast; it's an old one, I shopped around until I found one with interesting questions.

Appetizer
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how intuitive do you think you are?

I'll go out on a limb and say 10. I think I am pretty freakin' intuitive.

Soup
What is your favorite kind of gum?

I don't like gum.

Salad
Name a CD you own that you would never get rid of.

There are so many: Tori Amos - Scarlet's Walk, Nick Drake - Pink Moon, Madeleine Peyroux - Careless Love, Zero 7 - When It Falls, Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams, Madonna - Confessions on a Dance Floor...

Main Course
When was the last time you said something you didn't mean?

I remember praising someone's wedding dress even though I didn't like it. I also keep my reservations about friends' boyfriends to myself.

Dessert
What is the sum of the numbers in your birthdate? (Example: 3 + 2 + 1 + 9 + 7 + 9 = 31)

7 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 9 + 7 + 5 = 33.

Also feel free to do the following:

You can recommend
a book
a movie
a CD
to me.

You can also ask me three questions (or one, or none, or whatever!) Of course the book recommendation is the most important part.

I borrowed this meme from Lisa and Bdogg.

It is raining and thundering like nobody's business. I only hope it clears up before tomorrow!

Comments

Lisa said…
Book: "Lady Oracle" by Margaret Atwood

Movie: "Wet Hot American Summer"

Music: Room Noises/Eisley

If you could change your first name, what name would you choose?
If you could solve one major world crisis, which would you solve?
Can plaid and stripes ever be worn together?
Bearette said…
D's questions: I am looking forward to seeing them in November!

Lisa's questions: Interesting. Alison came to mind...so I'll go with it. Major world crisis...hard again. I think I would solve the terrorist problem or the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. Plaid and stripes? I'm going to say no ;)
Jean-Luc Picard said…
Book: The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory.

Movie: X Men: The Last Stand

Music: Not many lately.

What time period would you like to be in?

Favourite food?

Best DVD?
Elsa said…
OK, today is Saturday, so first things first.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BEARETTE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

I hope you have an awesome b-day!
Elsa said…
Book: The Hours

Movie: I'll stick to my standby "The Lion in Winter"

Music: The Black Eyed Peas

Questions:

How long have you lived in NY?

Do you think you'll ever leave NY?

What are your hobbies?
Elsa said…
BTW, it was pouring something fierce here yesterday, too. It seemed torrential.
Bearette said…
Captain Picard: I would say...I like the time period I'm in, pretty much. I do have a special place in my heart for the 80s, though. And the 70s were kind of cool, with the shag rugs and all. Favorite food? That's hard. Maybe cherries? Best DVD...again, hard...a toss-up between Bridget Jones's Diary, When Harry Met Sally and Napoleon Dynamite...

Elsa: thank you! what a nice birthday song :) i read the Hours, but thank you anyway ;) Let's see...I've been in NY since 1999. I have no immediate plans to leave, but anything could happen...I do like the Boston area, but D is not nuts about it...he also likes CA, but i think that's too far away. i like the east coast. My hobbies are reading, writing, yoga, cooking...and maybe patting dogs counts ;)
Elsa said…
I can't believe D would not like the Boston area - it's a great place. Ok, so I may be biased, but still :)
Bearette said…
he's lived here his whole life so he is a bit manhattan-centric...though we won't hold it against him ;) plus i don't know if he could hack the danvers winters...they are pretty rough.
SK said…
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY

FELIZ CUMPLEANOS!!!

:)
Bearette said…
Thanks, Lost!

gracias :)
Perplexio said…
Here's the recommendations:

Book: Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
Movie: The Legend of 1900
CD: Porcupine Tree In Absentia
Bearette said…
Shantaram...hmm, one of my other blog friends is reading that.
Anonymous said…
I am ten on intuitive too! (I'm going to steal this meme for my blog entry tomorrow too!)

Recommendations:

Book: Crossing California by Adam Langer

CD: Set Yourself on Fire by Stars

Movie: Laurel Canyon
Bearette said…
Thanks, A! I've never heard of the stars, but they sound intriguing. i heard of laurel canyon...i like frances mcdormand.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!