So we went to dinner tonight with some of D's colleagues from Holland. I met 2 of his Dutch colleagues before...one was my age and the other a little older. They gave us a massive painting as a wedding gift in '02.

Tonight, the people were a little older: a couple in their 40s, and the wife's brother, who was wearing an outrageous combo of blue office shirt and bright red pants. However, I think Europeans wear clothing with more style or confidence or something, and he carried it off. The dinner went on a bit too long (about 3 hours), but it was enjoyable, except when they talked shop a bit.

C, the wife, is into yoga and is coming to my "inaugural" class tomorrow. So I am assured of 1 person on Tuesday and 1 person on Thursday (my friend TN). This is a new class in every sense of the word - i.e., the studio didn't have a class in this time slot before. I suppose it is an adventure.

I got dessert due to peer pressure...everyone else got one...and I feel a little overstuffed. It was a nice dessert, though: poached peaches and raspberry sorbet, with a few thin lemony cookies.

Comments

SK said…
YUM! Lemony cookies.. me likey. :)

When I lived in Germany I noticed that people dress totally different there. When Europeans come here they dress like they do back home (I've noticed this with Mexican nationals too). The men are much more comfortable in brighter colors and patterns and such. I suppose their style could be misinterpreted for 'gay'..lol, but I think it's because men in the US are so weird about what they wear and making sure it's 'manly' enough. Does that make sense? Men in Europe and elsewhere seem to be more comfortable with who they are and what they wear.
The End.
This suzy said…
Good luck with the first class! I'm sure it'll be great. :)
Bearette said…
Lost - hehe. I know what you mean. men won't even wear pink here (most of the time).

Suzy - thanks!
Elsa said…
Hmmmm...blue shirt and red pants...sounds like he stand out in a crowd - even in NY! ;)

I love getting peer-pressured for dessert. Actually, I'm usually the one peer-pressuring ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!