I'm convinced that most parents have a list of things they never thought they'd say or do. I just added one to the roster: I never thought I'd fish a plastic duck out of a jar of peanut butter. But I did.

Another note: E really likes peanut butter. I'd mentally categorized it as a satanic food, in this age of helicopter parenting. But my brother's wife said off-handedly, "You could give him some." It should be noted here that my SIL is an unimpeachable authority on such matters - anything mechanical or vaguely medical, or even practical, she knows. So I offered E some peanut butter as I was eating it out of the jar this morning. (Yes, I do that.) And he LOVED IT.

Comments

judy in ky said…
This morning on the Today show, they told us that peanut butter is one of those MUFA foods. I forget what that means, but apparently it's a good thing.
Roxanne said…
I never thought I'd walk around the house topless just to "air out". This was back in my breastfeeding days. I'm sure it was real attractive, but oh it felt so glorious!
Bearette said…
Judy - I wonder if MUFU has something to do with monounsaturated fat?

Roxanne - I remember those days. I still miss nursing.
judy in ky said…
Yes, it does have something to do with those... they include avocados, dark chocolate and some nuts, too. All of which I like!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!