Cautiously optimistic

So E's sleep seems to be working out okay, even without the night nanny. I have to say, though, this has been a real struggle. I know there are people out there whose kids slept through the night at seven weeks "and we didn't really do anything." Right. That's great - but don't talk about it to me too much. Because I might have to kill you :)

And I do believe that at least one thing has to go wrong in a situation. So I'm not sure I want another kid. Because I got off easy with breastfeeding - no mastitis, bleeding, etc. And I'm pretty sure if we had another one, one of two things would happen:

1) s/he would be a sleeper like E, which I could not go through another time.
2) s/he would be a better sleeper, but I would be plagued by breastfeeding problems.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Maybe this is why some people wait several years to have a second one. They wait until they can handle the lack of sleep again and other problems that might arise (or until they forget how bad it was).
Roxanne said…
Yep, Kitkat, we do forget. And when you're in the midst of the sleepless nights, etc. the last thing you want to think about is another little one. I love the people that ask mothers of a newborn..."So, when you having another one???!!" Idiots.
Bearette said…
Yes...pregnesia!

And things are better because he is sleeping in the crib for 8 hours, drinks some soy milk and then goes back for 2 more. But it took us a while to get him to sleep in the crib. Oy.
Anonymous said…
"That's great - but don't talk about it to me too much. Because I might have to kill you :)"

Heh. That's how I felt when I was having all those breastfeeding problems. "If they're a little sore, all you have to do is apply some lanolin!" people would say.

And before they knew it, they were dead.
Caro said…
My kids didn't sleep through for a long time. I also wanted to kill those who told me how their kids did. :-)
Bearette said…
Caro - glad to know I'm not the only one :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!