For all you kale lovers out there

I made this for the first time today, and I really enjoyed it. E likes kale, though it takes him a while to chew it.

Black-Eyed Peas and Greens

1 can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1 bunch kale, chopped (you could use Swiss chard instead, but why would you want to?)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 large onion, chopped (preferably Vidalia)
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Heat the olive oil in a wok, and saute the onions over medium heat until they are golden. Add the kale, toss and cover. The cookbook says to steam for 10-12 minutes, but I thought it was more like 5-7. Then add the vinegar, black-eyed peas, salt and pepper, and cook just until heated through.

(from 5-Ingredient Vegetarian Gourmet)

Comments

Hannah said…
I've recently just discovered kale and have a big batch of it at home, which has been mostly going in my daily salad. Thanks for giving me another food use for it! :)
Anonymous said…
This looks very similar to a recipe I make a lot, with the addition of black-eyes peas. I also have a good kale & black-eyed pea soup recipe for after the weather turns, if you're interested!
Bearette said…
Yes, definitely.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!