And now, for something completely different.

This blog entry is *not* about E's sleep habits!

I like to keep track of my favorite authors. They fluctuate over time. My algorithm = writers whose next books I would read. So authors who are no longer writing are not included here. Feel free to leave a comment about your own favorites...I'm curious.

Also - I read a book recently called Shelf Discovery: A Reading Memoir. The author writes about all the teen classics (plus some I've never heard of) and re-examines them from an adult perspective. It was very interesting, even though I'm usually a fiction person. Then again, it was nonfiction about fiction.

Without further ado:

Paul Auster
Elizabeth Berg
Maeve Binchy
Hester Browne
Katherine Center
Jennifer Chiaverini
Sarah Dessen
Emily Giffin
Jane Green
Sophie Kinsella
Elinor Lipman
Mameve Medwed
Jane Porter
Richard Russo
Anita Shreve
Alexander McCall Smith
Sarah Strohmeyer
Adriana Trigiani
Jonathan Tropper
Anne Tyler
Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez
Jennifer Weiner

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm in awe of your list! My only favorite living authors:

--Gabriel Garcia Marquez (does it count if I've never actually read his work in its original language?)
--Toni Morrison
--Chuck Palahniuk

I've officially started "reading" again. No school + no job = time for leisure-reading again! Woo hoo!
Bearette said…
that is something to celebrate! i've never read his work in its original language, either. i'd say it counts.
Tracy said…
I was reading a Jennifer Weiner book and my chiropractor saw it... I think we both laughed our butts off when he said "Her last name is weeeeiner!"
Bearette said…
Apparently it's pronounced "Wyner" - but I'm sure everyone says "Weener."
judy in ky said…
I met her in Philadelphia once. She is really funny.
Bearette said…
Cool! I met her at an NYC reading once and took a picture of us with a very fuzzy cell phone camera. She lives in Philly, right?
Tracy said…
Doh... wyner? man... now I'll to to spoil it and tell my chiropractor. Booo...

I feel like I should mention that my chiro is young... like 28. So I'm not laughing at weeeeiner with an old man...
: )
BabelBabe said…
you might dig Maile Meloy. Jess just posted re: her book of short stories and made me think of her...
Bearette said…
Yes, I read a couple of hers on your recommendation...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!