WOW

D picked up a Hillary Clinton nutcracker for my brother's mother-in-law, whose hatred for Hillary is legend. At Thanksgiving dinner, my brother's MIL's sister said, "You know, I think you have the same birthday as Hillary," and my brother's MIL said, "Oh, no. That's not true. That's a mistake."

So today we got a thank-you note from my brother's MIL, who, if you haven't guessed, is a staunch conservative. Here is the depth of her hatred for Hillary:

She and her husband changed their registration to Democrat so they could vote for Obama in the primary -- thus putting in their 2 cents to keep Hillary from getting the nomination. They live in Connecticut, I forget whether Hillary won that state or not.

D and I voted for Hillary, but I don't think it really matters since it looks like Obama will win. D and I have a long history of voting for the losing candidate: Kerry, Gore, etc. Somewhere back in the mists of time, he supported Bill Bradley.

Comments

Poppy said…
AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Switching to vote Democrat just so they could vote AGAINST Hillary?! WOW!!!!!! is right!
Anonymous said…
I cried when Kerry lost in 2004. I don't usually get too worked up about politics, but damn, I was sad.
This suzy said…
I'm so glad it looks like Hillary won't get the nomination. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like her.
SK said…
I think the hillary nutcracker is hill-arious. :)

I voted for her too. I was glad she took Texas yesterday but I'm still worried. Oh well. On a side note my republican husband said he was proud of me for standing by what I believe in and exercising my right to vote. I thought that was nice. (even if he is a republican)
Bearette said…
Hi, Rass! I was wondering, "Who's Rass?" and then I saw your picture. The Republican husband was a clue, too ;)

I think this might be a turning point for her. Fingers crossed...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!