Pregnancy = free cupcakes

After dinner tonight, I wanted a cupcake, so we headed over to Billy's Bakery, which was nearby. We passed a really cute dog tied up outside a restaurant. He had little doggy dreads -- soft, furry ropes of hair that made him resemble a friendly carpet. We both patted him and decided to visit him again on the way back from the bakery.

At the bakery, we got a perfect vanilla cupcake with buttercream frosting -- I think they called it a "Yellow Daisy" cupcake. The cashier took one look at my stomach and said it was on the house. (The cupcake, not my stomach ;) He also guessed that it was a boy. He was the first guy to guess correctly (the women always guess right). Some woman held the hotel door open for me in Miami and said, "It's a boy, right?"

On the way back, the dog was still there and *very* fascinated with my cupcake-scented fingers. We spent some time with him, and after we walked away, he gazed after us, forlorn. Then he jumped up on the window of the restaurant and barked! I hope his family came out to join him soon.

Comments

Caro said…
Free food rocks!
This suzy said…
Mmmm buttercream. :)
Anonymous said…
Lucky duck.
Poppy said…
Hmmm, now I want a free cupcake. Ya think if I go to the same place and just stick my gut out as far as it will go they'll give me a free one?
Bearette said…
hehe...it's worth a try!
Tracy said…
hee hee...
I was about to comment about the dog and then I noticed how everyone else commented on the cupcake and yet my first thought was how this is the second time that I can recall you mentioning patting a puppy and that I have "see dog, must touch" syndrome and it sounds like you might too!
But the free cupcake sounds lovely!
And speaking of dogs and cupcakes, this month's Family Circle magazine has really fun doggie cupcakes on the cover. I bought it just to see how to make them!! : )
Bearette said…
I definitely have that. I patted a golden retriever tonight!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!