As my belly gets bigger, it's increasingly harder not to bump it against surfaces. I just bumped it into the table when I sat down, but he responded by kicking and shifting around, so it must be ok. I'm starting to discern habits and patterns...usually he wakes up slowly in the morning, stretching one leg, then building up to a crescendo of kicking.

This morning, though, D was snoring a bit, and E started wiggling enthusiastically on both ends. When he does that, I can't tell if he's waving his head around or his arms. He also seems to curl up and release sometimes, almost as if he's doing crunches.

My biggest fear right now is that there won't be time for anything after he's born. I see mothers (or fathers, or couples) bringing their babies to the pool where I swim, so I can do that once he's old enough. But I do feel pressure to race through all my knitting projects, especially the ones for him, in case I can't do them after he's born. It's probably irrational - my SIL has already offered to babysit and D is a big believer in getting help -- but it's haunting me just the same.

I picked out yarn (but haven't bought it yet) for a cardigan for E. I think it's going to be really cute.

Comments

blackcrag said…
There will be time for knitting when the baby is born. If he's a cuddler, like lima Bean, you'll have to learn to do it one-handed though.

Lima Bean has learned he is ticklish lately. his laugh is hilarious!
Bearette said…
Lima Bean...that's so cute.
Poppy said…
If I were pregnant I'd totally bump my belly into everything! ...which is precisely why I don't wear a watch.
Bearette said…
I don't wear a watch either, but because I don't want to be reminded of the march of time :)

I just bumped my belly against the table AGAIN. Hopefully he won't be born with a big dent somewhere.
Anonymous said…
I don't know if you are breastfeeding or not but I swear my kids nursed and nursed and nursed. Since I had to sit there, I read.

Of course I don't know if one can nurse and knit. Sharp needles and babies probably don't mix, huh?

Of course if you formula feed, he might be full for longer, thus sleeping and letting you knit.
Anonymous said…
And I said "of course" two times. Brain drain - must eat lunch.
Bearette said…
I'm gonna try...and hopefully I can read during it! That's a great idea. Knitting during feeding might be harder, but we'll see.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!