D and I tried this new (to us) diner today. It was fabulous. The decor was Art Deco. I had a lentil burger in pita with horseradish mayo on the side. It really doesn't sound very good, so it could have gone either way, but it was quite tasty. Lentils are like impressionable children; you can mold them in either direction. I also had some of D's garlic cheese bread, which was made with some unusual, tangy cheese (but it was melted, so no listeria worries), and topped myself off with a brownie. The waiter walked by as I was contentedly mowing down on it and he smiled broadly. It must have been obvious how much I was enjoying it.

I finished the brownie as we walked because D had to get to his office for a meeting. Unable to contain myself, I exclaimed, "This is @$^$^@ fabulous!" A Jamaican lady walking behind us laughed and said, "I heard you."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Name that quote:

"'On the side' is a very big thing with you."
Bearette said…
Hehe...WHMS, of course. Of the two of us, though, D actually orders more like Sally :) I'm a fairly straight-up, Harry-style order-er.
blackcrag said…
I'm just wondering about what they added to that brownie...

It wasn't 'special', was it?
Bearette said…
Hehe. No, no special additions that I know of. I think you can get a "special lassi" in India, though.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!