There's something disgusting but very satisfying about pregnant eating. Here's what's gone down my gullet today:

1) Blue cornmeal pancakes with bananas. I had brunch with a friend. It's one of the places where we go a lot. I used to feel the pancakes were mountainous, intimidating; now I thought, I'm not sure if it's enough. (Oh, and I had an apple and a teacup of lemonade BEFORE the brunch, because I woke up a couple of hours before we were supposed to meet.)

2) Another apple. Not bad.

3) Homemade mac and cheese. It's a somewhat lighter version...no eggs or butter, with skim milk, low-fat silken tofu and nonfat yogurt subbing in for some of the cheese. But it still had almost 2 cups of cheddar. I had, um...3 bowls.

4) A few spoonfuls of Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. This is now one of the great loves of my life. I regard it with the same rosy glow with which, in June, I will hopefully greet the epidural man...

Comments

Poppy said…
You are so cute with your teeny tiny 3 bowls. :D

Your baby is telling you to eat, so might as well, right?
Bearette said…
It's true ;) At least that's what I told myself as I devoured Reese's peanut butter cups at the movie theater later :) We saw Enchanted...very good.
Anonymous said…
Mmmm...cookie dough ice cream. I think that was the greatest thing ever invented for pregnant and non-pregnant people alike. Yum.

I wonder, do you get salty cravings? I get those a lot now, so I'm afraid if I get pregnant I'll eat nothing but potato chips!
Bearette said…
For a while, potato chips were my friends :) The good thing about the craving is, they tend to change pretty often. I think you get sick of the same thing over and over again.
Leah said…
I love that teeny tiny "3 bowls" too. Hahah. It made me laugh.
Bearette said…
I am ashamed ;) But not so much that I didn't have another 3 bowls today :)
Katie said…
Oh, yum. That mac and cheese sounds pretty good!
Caro said…
I remember never being full. I guess you are feeling the same way. Mac n cheese sounds good. We never have it because there's no good gfcf sub.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!