If you live in Seattle, can you please adopt Cornelius? Thank you. Doesn't he look dapper in his bow tie?

Today D and I had lunch, and a couple of women at a nearby table offered us their bottle of wine. They couldn't finish it. We had to refuse, seeing as I'm preggers and all, and D is taking some meds for his hands (sometimes they tingle), but we ended up chatting with them. I asked them where they were from and resisted the urge to add, "Texas?" in case they weren't. Then they said, "Dallas." Am I smart or what? ;) I could tell because of the accent and it's a particular brand of friendliness.

After a while of being too nauseous to knit, I picked up my needles again to finish a scarf for a family friend. It will take me a few days to complete, but I'm over the hump, so to speak.

I met a new cat friend. She is very close to the pool where I swim. She lives in a deli. Her name is Nina. Her legs are a little too long for her body (I suspect she has not grown into them yet) and she likes to gallop around the deli. She also likes to nibble on my mittens.

Comments

bdogg_mcgee said…
Nice to have Big D represented in NYC! :) You know, DH and I are considering spending next Christmas in NYC, and if we do, we'll have to make a date to see you, D, and the baby!

I always love to hear about your animal encounters...
Bearette said…
Yay! That would be fun :)

I did see Rainer a few weeks ago, but his repertoire is limited - sitting in my lap, having me rub his belly, etc. Still cute, though.
Silverstar said…
That's cool that you knit.(I am really not great at it). Are we going to see lots of pictures of your creations?:)
Bearette said…
Silver - I used to put up tons of pix. Too many, probably. I'll try to put one up in the future :)
Kim said…
Pregnant? How did that happen? I mean, I know how it happened but when? I really have to catch up on my blogs.

Congrats!!
Bearette said…
Hehe ;) I got pg in Sept, announced it in late Nov. Due in June!
This suzy said…
Texans definitely have their own special kind of friendliness! I do miss it sometimes - usually means I'm due for a visit there. :)
Elsa said…
Cornelius is adorable!!

Very nice folks to offer you their wine.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!