Karma and other stories

I just started Karma and Other Stories by Rishi Reddi. Some readers have criticized her for being too similar to Jhumpa Lahiri, but I think she is good in her own right.

The first short story is about a man who orders a bean-and-cheese burrito at a fast-food establishment, and they bring him a beef-and-cheese burrito instead. He feels the cashier was rude to him, as well as violating his vegetarian preferences, and decides to sue!

That sort of thing happens to us fairly often - D will order penne a la vodka and ask them to leave out the prosciutto at this one place, and sometimes they'll include it anyway. Or we'll ask for split pea soup, the waiter will assure us it's vegetarian, and it'll arrive with chunks of ham floating in it! Of course I wouldn't sue them (and it never occurred to me that someone would). I want to see how the lawyers handle that, in the story.

Comments

Caro said…
People are lawsuit happy. Frivolous lawsuits irk me.

I used to have the Cranberries cassette tape with Linger on it. And I got quite sick of them too.
Bearette said…
I agree...but it was funny in a story, somehow.

I wonder if we can even buy cassette tapes now...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!