The lioness

Thanks for the food suggestions so far! I went grocery shopping today (pre-suggestions, but I plan to implement them next time) and stocked up on what I planned to get, plus Reese's peanut butter cups (I am only human), cheddar rice cakes (cute bite-sized ones), Ritz crackers, sharp cheddar cheese, natural crunchy peanut butter (I found a generic brand that was a steal, and contained only roasted peanuts and salt!), canned pineapple chunks in pineapple juice, etc.

While I was shopping, I heard 2 clerks talking enthusiastically in the cracker aisle. "The lioness wants to be admired," said the female clerk. "That's why she has a mane. She wants to feel beautiful."

"Thanks!" said the male clerk in a really heartfelt way, and I wondered: why does he care? Is he going on safari?

The female clerk nodded sagely. "Yup. You just need to stroke her ego. That's all you need to do."

That's when I realized the male clerk's girlfriend was being compared to a lioness :)

Comments

blackcrag said…
Ummm... the female clerk doesn't know her animals very well. The lion has the mane, not the lioness. Unless 'the Lioness' is a nickname for the girl-friend.

th elioness also does all the hunting and brings back the kill for the lion.

What exactly the lion does, I'm not sure.

As for meeting those pregnancy urges, my sister was very into Reeses and peanut butter M&Ms. So for the sweet fix, anything that combines peanut butter and chocolate.
Bearette said…
You're right. No mane. I'm sure it was good advice as far as the girlfriend went, though.
Caro said…
I know what the male lion does. He lays around and eats. Oh and sometimes he makes baby lions. What a life, huh?
Caro said…
Oh and I read your entries out of order so that's why the comments are a bit scattered.
Bearette said…
Caro - you can be as scattered as you want :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!