My favorite books of '07

Since I'm up freakishly early (the bebe is an early riser), I've decided to compile a list of my favorite books of 2007 (titles only, since that is how All Consuming does it). I've added the author if I remembered his/her name.

Liars and Saints by Maile Meloy
Getting Rid of Matthew
A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers (a novel)
Hack: How I Stopped Worrying About What To Do With My Life and Started Driving a Yellow Cab by Melissa Plaut
The New Yorkers by Cathleen Schine
About My Sisters by Debra Ginsberg (you can't go wrong with anything by her).
Still Life with Husband by Lauren Fox
Tiare in Bloom by Celestine Vaite
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Because She Can by Bridie Clark
Momzillas by Jill Kargman
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
Love is a Mix Tape (sad. But good.)
The Return of Jonah Gray (I think this one squeezed in on the basis of quirk. By "return," they mean "tax return".)
Secrets of the Model Dorm (soapy. But very fun.)
The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz
Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella
The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
China Dolls
A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian (not really about tractors).
Fly Me to the Moon by Alyson Noel

Comments

Caro said…
Momzillas sounds fun. Merry Christmas Bearette, husband and bebe!

When do we get a belly pic?
Anonymous said…
Did you read all those this year? I'm so jealous. I really need to be more productive with my time.

The one about yellow cab sounds fun.
Bearette said…
Caro - It was :) Merry Christmas to you too! I'm rather embarrassed about my belly :( I like my maternity jeans though.

Kitkat - I did...but I didn't have to prepare classes :) The yellow cab one was fun, but also a little dark -- there's a lot of stuff the taxi drivers go through.
blackcrag said…
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, Bearette, and hoping all the best things happen to you this Christmas.
Bearette said…
Thank you, Blackcrag! Merry Christmas to you, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!