I never thought I'd get nostalgic for the 90s. My heart was always firmly rooted in the 80s (after all, I was only around for five years before that). But tonight D and I were eating at an Irish pub and every single song they were playing was from the 90s. It must have been some kind of conspiracy because we heard "Sex and Candy" by Marcy Playground earlier, and now we were hearing Alanis Morissette, etc.

In college I got so sick of "Linger" by the Cranberries that I used to say the Cranberries should be sent to their own private island, with all the amenities, not as a punishment but just so we wouldn't hear them anymore. Now I miss that song and was even briefly thinking of buying it on iTunes.

I want to bring back lo-fi. There was something refreshing and bare about it all.

Comments

blackcrag said…
I am not into rap or techno/electronica or any of that. I listen when it's on, and like a few songs, but doubt I'd ever buy any songs or albums.

I am firmly rooted in the guitar rock of the eighties and ninties, and the sixties and seventies when I think of it.

Moreover, I think the kids today agree. When I worked as a bartender I worked grad season, serving at a series of high school grads. all the music played in the dances was the same mmusic played at my dances, with very few current songs mixed in.
Bearette said…
It shows they have good taste! That's the span of my music, too - 60s to 90s.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!