Strange dream time

I'm borrowing a leaf from Kitkat's book and recording a couple of my dreams from last night.

Dream #1: A certain someone who will remain nameless (not a blogger or family member) was yelling at me in an auditorium. She wanted me to sit in a certain section, while I wanted to sit in another. There was an impasse. Finally I slipped out of the auditorium, ostensibly to visit the restroom, and when I came back, she was gone. I sat where I wanted to sit.

Dream #2: I was at a restaurant with D and some other people (not anyone from real life, although one of them resembled a blogger, a little bit). I saw Diane Keaton at a nearby table and went over to chat. (In real life, if you see a celebrity in a restaurant, in NYC anyway, you never go over to talk to them. It's just not on.) Anyway, she was glad to see me, and we talked. She had a very young face though she was her current age. When I got back to my table, there was a fracas. The other people at the table were bent on stealing our stuff. We tackled them and sat back down to eat with them (?). The girl apologized profusely. I told her, "It's ok, people do all sorts of things, but try not to do it again." Then she explained she was in some kind of play in Middleton, MA, near where I grew up. She was playing a naked part and wanted to know if I wanted to trade off (i.e., she would play it some nights, I would play it the other nights). I told her I had to think about it.

Then I went to the restroom and saw Diane Keaton again. I asked, "Have you seen Woody Allen lately?" [In real life, they are still friends, and one of my yoga students saw them together.] She said, "I knew you were going to ask me that! He sent me an email, and I never got back to him." She explained that he was mad about something to do with her adopted child (who was named Sam in the dream).

"That is the kind of thing he gets mad about," said D, when I told him.

In another part of Dream #2, which is more hazy, the girl from the play was standing on the side of a busy thoroughfare, across from me. It actually looked a bit like the road near Grimaldi's, a Brooklyn pizza joint. Anyway, it was choked with cars, and she yelled, "I hate trucks!" but she started to make her way across. I did, too, because it seemed like this would prevent her from being hit. (Dream logic.) In the end, everyone was fine.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very interesting. :) Any theories about what they might mean to you?
Bearette said…
Hmm...I'm not sure. I think you're better at dream interpretation :D I'd like to know, though.
Bearette said…
I think it might have to do with anxiety/lack of control, b/c the person in #1 was trying to force me to sit in a certain place, and the people in #2 were trying to steal from us, and then there was the scary attempt to cross the street in the end.
Bearette said…
but they both ended happily...so maybe it means everything will resolve? i do like happy endings :)
Caro said…
I think dream one said if you want to get your way, just be sneaky about it. :D

I highly reccomend this tactic.
Bearette said…
hee! good advice...
Anonymous said…
Wow, you had a celebrity sighting in your dream! How fortunate. Maybe my George Clooney and your Diane Keaton should get together in the dream world.

I'm trying really hard not to make Woody Allen jokes involving adopted children....so hard....
This suzy said…
I had to laugh at the image of you all tackling people and then calmly sitting down to dinner with them again. LOL
Anonymous said…
I agree with your theories! :)

I like Diane Keaton. The only celebrity I've ever dreamed about, unfortunately, was Howard Stern.
Bearette said…
Howard Stern...ick ;)

I had another anxiety dream last night. I was in a car with a bunch of friends (no one from real life) and I just kept getting lost in MA. I guess this one is closely linked to reality.
Bearette said…
Kit kat - i know, it's hard ;)

Suzy - it was funny; i think even in the dream I was thinking, "wait a minute, they were trying to steal from us!"
bdogg_mcgee said…
Hey, I know this has nothing to do with dreams, but I meant to tell you that my brother lives in Wilmington MA, now, which, if I'm not mistaken, is super close to Danvers.....

Just felt like sharing...
Bearette said…
that is pretty close! maybe half an hour away.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!