List of bests

This is so end-of-the-year-y, but I thought y'all might like to get some recommendations. Also...at the bottom...my thoughts on Justin Timberlake and cupcakes (2 separate streams of thought ;)

Books


Model Student
by Robin Hazelwood

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

Chicken with Plums by Marjane Satrapi

Knitting Under the Influence by Claire LaZebnik

Pug Hill by Alison Pace

Mommies Who Drink by Brett Paesel

The Good Good Pig by Sy Montgomery

Snowed In by Christina Bartolomeo

The Brooklyn Follies by Paul Auster

Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi

Movies

Capote

Failure to Launch

Clerks II

You, Me and Dupree

Borat

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been taking an informal blogger survey and it seems that most of you like Justin Timberlake, i.e., Roxanne, Bdogg, Poppy, Belle, and I think Liz has one foot in that camp, having found his latest video kinda yummy. (I haven't seen it, can't comment.)

I feel like the only two on the side of the Righteous are me and Carolyn.

Does no one remember the "wardrobe malfunction"? The ungentlemanly snicker when some interviewer commented on Britney's, um, virginity? (OK, it was probably hard to keep a straight face on that one.) The way he dated Jenna Dewan and Alyssa Milano at once, stringing them along until Cameron Diaz came along? His general shifty-eyed, sleazy look? The embarrassing songs and moves of 'N' Sync?

Okay, I think that is enough provocation for one entry. I am fully expecting the skies to rain down frogs now.

Also, there is a Burgers 'n' Cupcakes branch opening near me. They have a large, rotating, backlit cupcake above their awning. It is tacky but mesmerizing. If I ever have my camera with me (I am not much of a shutterbug), I will take a picture.

Comments

Anonymous said…
No no, not an entire foot. More like the toe of my cowboy boot. :)
Poppy said…
I completely dislike Justin as a person, he's a big dork. However, while he's entertaining he mesmerizes me. I can't help myself. Is that any better? :D
jules said…
Hi there! I never liked JT much but I do have to admmit I enjoyed SNL this past Sat & thought his songs were ... not bad.
Amy said…
You can put me in the "middle of the road" list for Justin Timberlake. I liked him in N'Sync (yeah, it's not one of my prouder moments, but I was a fan) and I liked his first solo album, but am not crazy about the second. I also just caught him hosting SNL for the second time and he's just darn funny on there.
Rachel Federman said…
I thought it would be so fitting for me but did not like Mommies Who Drink. Would love to discuss at some point but not sure I can remember anything. Don't think I ever read any of the others.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!