Sampson

Tonight I met the lovely Sampson, a butterscotch-colored pug. He lives with my writing friend, K, and is very charming.

K and I had dinner at a Thai resto and talked about the writing life, etc. She was working overnight shifts on a Good Samaritan hotline, but she quit because most of the people calling were perverted instead of depressed. Which reminded me of the movie theater pervert, all those years ago:

Me (college kid in the box office): Hello?

Pervert (man with intense, whispery voice): Hi. I'd like to see The Lion King. What is it rated?

Me: G.

Pervert: Do they say bad words in The Lion King?

Me: ? No.

Pervert (breathing heavily now): Do they say FUCK in The Lion King?

Me: Um, no. Bye!

Anyway, back to 2006. I was going to take a picture of Sampson, but I forgot my batteries, and K offered some, but my camera is a diva and insists upon fully charged batteries, freshly cut roses and bowls full of red M&Ms. Maybe I can get a picture of him next time. He enjoyed licking the camera, anyway.

Comments

This suzy said…
The insurance agency I used to work at had a perv that called one night about a dozen times and left some nasty, heavy breathing messages on my voicemail and for one of my (female) co-workers. Stupid man even left his phone number and asked us to call back!! We let the cops call back instead. lol
Anonymous said…
When I worked in the public library in high school there were these creepy men who used to sit and watch us. They would pretend to read, but you could see their eyes peering over the tops of the books. Once I caught one of them holding a book upside down.
Bearette said…
suzy - so he wasn't the brightest perv ;)

liz - so you had live pervs! this guy stuck to the phone. he would only talk to women.
Roxanne said…
Maybe the people were depressed because they were pervs?

Sampson is a cute name for a pug. My sister and my best friend used to have pugs, Ginseng and Dudley. When I was in high school, we had a wedding for them. I am not kidding. We took care of all the details, including painting the bride's toenails bright red. If you didn't think I was weird before, I bet I just sealed the deal. ;)
Bearette said…
that sounds adorable! merry christmas.
Reighnie said…
Ewww, gross...what a perv! I wonder what he would have done if you had said something like

"Oh yes they do, about 12.5 times"

What a freak!
Anonymous said…
I just think it's hilarious that you remembered that pervert from all those years ago. hehe. I would have forgotten, I'm sure. You have an awesome memory.
Bearette said…
Zen - some people actually played along with the pervert. I never did, though. I only got him once...and I was startled!

Leah - thanks ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!