Christmas wisdom

I was shopping at Whole Foods (I'm making saag paneer with tofu, a good opportunity to use the asafetida and garam masala waiting in my cabinet) and they were piping in Christmas music. Guy Cashier swoops in and sings, "It's the most wonderful time of the year..." Girl Cashiers shake their heads, ask him what's wrong with him (but they're laughing).

Guy Cashier (with dignity): Nothing is wrong with me. My inner child is alive. That's what keeps old people going.

Girl Cashiers: ?

Guy Cashier (warming to his theme): My grandmother, she goes bungee-jumping on her birthday.

Me: How old is she?

Guy Cashier: 65.

So Merry Christmas, and remember to go bungee jumping on your birthday...it'll keep you young. (I'm not going to take this advice -- too much of a scaredy-cat -- but it seems sound.)

Comments

Bearette said…
it is! but he was a young guy.
Caro said…
May I just get drunk on my birthday and sleep with strange men instead?

Then I could wake up in the morning hating myself. Voila, I'd feel twenty again.

And Justin Timberlake IS creepy, even creepier than those Burger King commercials.
This suzy said…
My great-aunt went skydiving on her 70th birthday. I even saw a little of the video, so I know it's true!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!