Tuesday twelve

1. This is a late night, or rather early morning, Tuesday twelve.
2. Have I mentioned I have insomnia?
3. I got a fabulous Astrud Gilberto CD...one of those 20th-Century Masters comps...and it rocks. I love how at the end of "The Girl from Ipanema," she keeps saying softly, "She just doesn't see..."
4. I really want to see The Holiday (Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Jack Black, Cameron Diaz).
5. I'm also a little hooked on Pongal, an Indian restaurant where they give you special chapatti bread.
6. I was never able to do the Running Man (a dance popular in 8th grade).
7. I discovered a small dog run in Washington Square Park, with an excellent selection of doggies.
8. I'm starting to notice babies almost as much as dogs. This worries me.
9. I always wonder how much editing should go into a blog...should I really admit this stuff?
10. I went through a phase where I was really into corduroy.
11. That phase is over.
12. I missed spinach a lot during the time we couldn't have it.

Comments

Roxanne said…
I want to see "The Holiday" too. Never heard of that dance before. I tried to order an omelet with spinach and they still weren't making them. :(
Roxanne said…
Noticing the babes too, huh? ;)
(Yay!!)
bdogg_mcgee said…
Ooh, I want to see "The Holiday" as well! I'm listening to the new Jane Green--"Swapping Lives," that seems to have a similar plot.

And I never could to the Running Man, either....
Bearette said…
Hee...roxanne, i saw two baby twins in the elevator recently. *sigh* ;)

bdogg -that was a good book! well, not as good as jemima j imho, but what is???
This suzy said…
I also want to see The Holiday!

And I don't think you should edit your own blog. Isn't it there so you can admit the stuff you wouldn't admit anywhere else? ;)
Anonymous said…
For those who don't know or can't do the Running Man, feel lucky. Very, very lucky :)

I'm pretty sure babies don't like being patted in the same fashion that dogs do.
Bearette said…
suzy - that's true :)

kitkat - i don't pat the babies, i just admire ;)
Caro said…
I am still scared to buy spinach. :)

Babies still make my ovaries rev up and I'm done.
Caro said…
Done having them, that is. But never done admiring them.
Anonymous said…
Bdogg- I'm listening to Swapping Lives too!

I find myself repeating everything the reader says, trying to get my British accent down pat. :)
blackcrag said…
Bearette. You're not supposed to chose from the dogs in the dog park... they already have owners!

As for diting.. are you talking grammar and spelling? Enough to make it right. As for self-editing for your own comfort level.. remember, anyone in any country can read what you put out here. So post the truth, but if it's something you don't want the world to know, don't blog about it.

Hey, we only want what you're comfortable sharing. Though that hair thing above... yuck!
Bearette said…
BC - no worries, i just pat them ;)

i meant editing for content. i think there's a certain confessional, bare-all aspect to a blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!