Tuesday twelve

1. I recently re-read Jane Eyre, but Little Women didn't hold up as well for some reason.
2. Of the Anne of Green Gables books, my favorite was Anne of the Island (when she goes to college).
3. I visited Prince Edward Island when I was 12 or 13, and bought volume one of L.M. Montgomery's diary; it seemed as if she didn't really love her husband. It was kind of depressing.
4. Maybe I will dress up as a bumblebee or something next Halloween.
5. When I was little, the old Mighty Mouse was my favorite cartoon. They revamped it later on, and it was never the same.
6. I often wonder about people I have fallen out of touch with, what they are doing, etc.
7. D just bought the new Dave Eggers book from the Strand. I'll probably read it when he's done.
8. My favorite Dave Eggers piece is a short story written from a dog's point of view.
9. I can't wait for the new Will Ferrell movie, Stranger than Fiction. D and I will probably see it this weekend.
10. I also want to see Volver, the new Pedro Almodovar movie.
11. D is not a Pedro fan.
12. My favorite Pedro movie is Talk to Her.

Comments

Irene said…
I was also an Anne of Green Gables fan. I was so into Gilbert! c",)

Bearette as a bumble bee? Oooh, I can't wait for next Halloween! :p
This suzy said…
I think my mom and I are going to go see Stranger Than Fiction. I'm looking forward to it! :)
Anonymous said…
re #3- I felt that way about Lucille Ball, when I found out that her marriage to Desi Arnaz was so troubled. I felt similarly when I read The First Four Years (Laura Ingalls), discovering that she didn't really love her son and that her house burned down... somehow it felt like a personal tragedy.
Bearette said…
irene - me too! though she wrote a lesser-known series about emily (Emily of New Moon, etc.) and her love interest was teddy. i liked teddy even better ;)

suzy - we should both review it!

liz - wow, i didn't remember that. i wonder if her feelings for her son changed over time.
Roxanne said…
You could teach your yoga classes dressed in your bumblebee outfit. As long as you don't become an angry bumblebee (like that angry transvestite on the street) ;)
Anonymous said…
Well, I shouldn't say she didn't love him. It sounds like maybe she had postpartum depression after his birth. She described feelings of detachment with him, unlike with her first baby, Rose.
Katie said…
I'm excited to see Stranger than Fiction also! Will Ferrell looks like he's gonna be really good in it...sometimes he disappoints me (think: Ricky Bobby)
Bearette said…
Yeah, he disappointed me in Talladega Nights too. D liked it though.
Poppy said…
Regarding #6: Me too. And then when I make no effort to contact them I feel really guilty for not trying to get in touch with them, as if they even knew I was thinking of them.
Caro said…
Stranger Than Fiction does look good.

Have you ever tried to find some of those old friends on My Space?

I've been to Prince Edward Island. I have a tupperware dish full of the red sand.
Bearette said…
i actually have seen a couple old friends on myspace, but i'm not a member so they won't let me navigate around too much. we're seeing the movie tonight, i'll let y'all know how it is...
Amy said…
I also want to go see Stranger than Fiction - that and Borat are at the top of my list.
B said…
I loved Anne of Green Gables too!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!