A bit of this, a bit of that

I went to a farmers' market today (there is often one set up in Union Square) and bought some "new crop" apples - Braeburn and Gala. All the "new crop" signs made me wonder if there's an old, moldy, worm-eaten crop somewhere...but if so, they weren't selling 'em. The apples were magically delicious (yes, I've eaten them all already).

Then I went to Whole Foods-Union Square to get an oatmeal-raisin cookie - I had a craving - and then I slipped into the Strand (pernicious crack den) and got 3 books (all half-price, though, enabling me to feel somewhat virtuous).

I also have a good flow of library books now. I realized it's better to put books on hold if (a) they aren't new, (b) the library has many copies of them and/or (c) they're not in much demand.

Whole Foods presented me with a dilemma. There's a Pilates studio in town that is offering a special deal: get one class for free with this flyer (from the foyer of Whole Foods), and then get additional classes at a discounted rate (still expensive - $15 per class, down from $25 per class). You see, I can take Pilates "for free" at the gym. The problem is, there's only one instructor I love at the gym. And she abandoned me, taking off for Turks and Caicos for 2 weeks.

So should I go to the beautiful, light, airy, expensive studio and risk getting sucked in? Or take the high road and just go to the gym, even though I can't take the favorite instructor's class right now?

I guess I should go to the beautiful studio and resist its siren call (with regard to future classes).

We're seeing Borat on Saturday with AT. I'm still not sure whether I'll find it offensive, funny or both. Finally, I told D that if I find it totally offensive and unfunny, I reserve the right to slip out...he won't be alone, after all.

Comments

This suzy said…
I'll be curious to hear what you think of Borat.
Caro said…
Try the beautiful studio.

Maybe you won't like the instructor there either, but at least you can appease your curiousity.
Bearette said…
C - maybe. Thankfully "the good one" will be back this Saturday :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!