Thursday thirteen

1. There are three Woody Allen movies I watch over and over: Annie Hall, Manhattan and Play It Again, Sam.
2. I've walked out of one movie in my life: The Pick-Up Artist.
3. My mom walked out of The Witches of Eastwick.
4. One of my favorite soups has sweet potato, tomato, onion and carrot in it. It sounds like an odd combination, but it works.
5. I have 3 bottles of nail polish: pink, cranberry and purple.
6. I wonder how much birth order affects a person's life.
7. I'm afraid to go to countries if I have to get inoculations first.
8. My veins are hard to find.
9. I liked going to New Hampshire and Maine when I was little.
10. I still would, but they're further away.
11. New England winters can be brutal; I remember when I owned a car there, the manual instructed me to maintain it on the same schedule as a Canadian.
12. The TV shows I like the best are: Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, The Office, The New Adventures of Old Christine, and How I Met Your Mother.
13. In high school a friend and I made a dessert for French class. It called for a nip of rum; it felt so daring ;)

Comments

bdogg_mcgee said…
Your mom walked out on "Witches of Eastwick?" Wow...do you know why? I actually enjoyed that movie! :)

Yeah, the whole birth order thing is a little strange. I have it both ways, though--I am a middle child in my adopted family, but firstborn in my biological family. I am more independent, I think, like a firstborn, but I am a peacemaker, too, like a middle child.
Bearette said…
it's funny, i liked it too. (i saw it on video a while later.) i'm not sure why she walked out.

it's kind of two ways with me too...i'm the youngest, but there's such a big age gap that my siblings were all in college by the time i was 8, so that's kind of only-child-ish.

i read somewhere that oldest children tend to be overachievers and youngest children are performers.
This suzy said…
I think birth order definitely makes a difference. You know that the youngest children are always the best. ;)
Bearette said…
Yay!
Roxanne said…
Will you post your soup recipe?

I believe the birth order thing is real. I think, more often than not, that people's personalities are affected by what order they were born or if they're an only child.

Nip of rum- not only did you get to use alcohol in a high school class, but the word "nip" was used. Double whammy!
Bearette said…
will do!
Caro said…
I wish I'd walked out on "What Dreams May Come."

It STUNK!
Bearette said…
never even heard of that one! i guess that says something ;)

D claims the worst movie ever is "The Boy Who Could Fly."

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!