Thursday thirteen: the grape and water edition

1. I bought a pound of red grapes from the fruit man this morning. He said, "Thees is what pretty woman eats, no? If I eat this, I be pretty, too." The thing is, grapes are very exciting to me lately...my friend Carpe's doctor told him not to eat them. So they seem like a forbidden fruit, and I eat them more often.
2. Growing up, I had an above-ground pool in my backyard. I used to go underwater with my friends and have underwater tea parties. We would sit cross-legged on the bottom of the pool, open our eyes to see all the blue wavy water (tinted by the pool walls, of course), and raise imaginary cups of tea. I was telling D about this and he never did it. So I thought maybe it's a girl thing. Did you do it?
3. I played Billie this morning at yoga and it seemed to go over well.
4. Two of my regulars had an animated discussion about bedbugs and spiders (before class).
5. Bedbugs are on the rise.
6. I hope we don't have any.
7. I dreamed that a rat was lying on top of me and I was screaming, "Get him off me!"
8. That was enough to wake me up...at 3 am.
9. Melatonin sometimes gives me nightmares.
10. I only take it when I have to get up early the next morning.
11. I still have a fantasy about the library in Match Point (not the circulating kind, but the in-house kind).
12. D says I am a good jazz singer :)
13. I like Fridays.

Comments

Irene said…
I grew up in my grandmother's house which had a huge swimming pool. I swam almost everyday and did what you did - sit cross-legged at the bottom and pretend I was living underwater. It was fun. We should do it again. c",)
Bearette said…
of course, now i'm scared to open my eyes underwater ;)
Anonymous said…
I played underwater games very similar to that one. :) I also loved to pretend like I was a gymnast and that people were watching me in slo-mo on TV, flipping and somersaulting through the air.

Why isn't Carpe allowed to eat grapes? Does that mean I can't drink wine?
Bearette said…
Hehe...i like your wine concern ;)

The doctor told him he should lose a little weight and apparently grapes are bad if you're trying to do that. i guess they have more sugar than other fruit.
Anonymous said…
I've heard tale of these underwater tea parties, though I've never had one myself. I was too old for tea parties when my family moved to a house with a pool. Such is life.

Like Liz, I was apparently not too old to pretend I was a graceful gymnast or ballerina in the water.
kj said…
i never had tea parties underwater and now i wish i did. i was deprived. (sob)
Roxanne said…
I didn't realize that about grapes. Now I'll either feel guilty or rebellious while eating them. ;)

We used to play talking games underwater trying to guess what the other said. Just recently I played the same game with my daughter. It was fun!
Anonymous said…
however, the doctor didnt tell me
not to eat cheez-its in bed, so
i guess thats ok!
This suzy said…
My brother and I used to freeze grapes when we were kids and then eat them as a snack. Fun and yummy!
Bearette said…
Yum! now i want to freeze grapes.

Poor KJ! we will have an underwater blog party for you :)

kitkat - that's funny, i didn't realize ballerinas were older than tea partiers ;)

carpe - a wise move with the cheez-its; a staple food of my adolescence.
Bearette said…
roxanne - it's true - now i feel both guilty and rebellious! i bought some yesterday, but i probably won't buy them again for a while.
Caro said…
We played Marco Polo in the pool.

Bedbugs creep me out.

Grapes don't excite me, but cabbage with your honey, soy mixture on it does.

I had a dream a few nights ago that I accidentally flooded your apartment with water, and you were mad at me. (No rats floated by!)
Bearette said…
wow, that's an interesting dream! i never thought of putting the honey glaze on cabbage, but i'm glad you dig it ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!