Lisa's meme

I liberated this from Lisa. D always says "liberate" instead of "take" ;)

1. FIRST NAME? Katie

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My mother had an aunt with the same name. But I think she also just liked the name.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? I can't remember.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes! It's unique. I'm a lefty so it has a little backhand slant.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? I'm veg!

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I've often wondered about this. I might want to read, and the other me might want to talk ;) We'll see.

7. DO YOU JOURNAL? Online, frequently; written journal, not so much. I guess as an extrovert, I like an audience.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? NO!!!!!!!!!

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Does oatmeal count?

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes, as long as they have ties. A lot of my shoes don't.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes, but I wouldn't mind a little more upper body strength. Then again, I wouldn't want to be built like Arnold.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? This requires careful thought.
Chinatown Ice Cream Factory: Banana or pumpkin. Probably banana, but pumpkin gets originality points.
Ben & Jerry: Chunky Monkey, though Cherry Garcia has more subtlety. Chunky Monkey is like a punch to the head in terms of sweetness....a bit much.

14. SHOE SIZE? An 8.

15. FAVORITE COLOR? Pink.

16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I just finished a Buddhist book my roommate gave me...one of the ideas is embracing the rejected parts of yourself :)

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I miss my family.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Fill it out if you please :)

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Pajama pants, no shoes.

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Currently eating oatmeal with raisins.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? A Billie Holiday CD, but it ended.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Carnation pink. (I remember my Crayola set and many of the names: burnt umber, magenta, etc.)

23. FAVORITE SMELLS? I'm kind of sensitive to smells due to my allergies. I do like the smell of things cooking, though.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? D.

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO? Eyes, shoulders, height. For some reason I'm most attracted to men who are 5'9" or 5'10". 5'11" sometimes.

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes, although she should blog more!

27. FAVORITE DRINK? Water, although I liked the plum wine at Franchia.

28. FAVORITE SPORT? Yoga.

29. EYE COLOR? Dark brown.

30. HAT SIZE? Not a clue.

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No.

32. FAVORITE FOOD? That's too hard!

33.SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings.

34. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Kind of a turquoise-mint green tank top.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Fall.

36. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs.

37. FAVORITE DESSERT? That's impossible.

38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? Invisible Lives by Anjali Bannerjee.

39. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? No mouse pad; I have a laptop.

40. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? A few minutes of Friends.

41. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Good music (Billie Holiday, Madeleine Peyroux, etc.)

42. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles...but I like some Rolling Stones songs too. Maybe I secretly like them better.

43. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Venice.

44. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Spelling! Or reading fast. Does that count?

45. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Massachusetts.

46. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Lisa.

47. NEWEST THING YOU'VE TRIED? I tried a new restaurant yesterday...Franchia.

48. ONE THING YOU'D CHANGE ABOUT YOURSELF? See #16.

49. WHO DID YOU LAST SEND A CARD OR LETTER TO? I'm about to send a card to my roommate for her birthday.

50. WHERE WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO VISIT IF MONEY WERE NO OBJECT? I'm not sure. I'm not really into the process of traveling (packing, paying bills, watering the plants, you get the idea) but I like seeing new places, as long as I don't stay too long. I am pretty attached to New York.

Comments

This suzy said…
Good meme! I might borrow it later. ;)
Anonymous said…
Suzy- you mean that you'll liberate it, right? ;)
kj said…
well, wow. katie, huh. it's funny to think of you other than bearette! very very fun to read this. you did a nice concise job.
This suzy said…
Maybe I'll just STEAL it! :P
Bearette said…
liz - you are catching on to d's language!

Suzy - a little meme theft never hurt anyone ;)

KJ - well, bearette is actually my birth name, but... ;)

popscholar - i'm glad i'm one of the ppl you like! :D i look forward to reading your meme.
Caro said…
I like water and happy endings too.

And I was born in Maine.

So we didn't originate too far from each other.
Bearette said…
hee...you're right!

are you going to do the meme?
Caro said…
Maybe.

My aunt sent it to me via e-mail.

It might be easier to blog it.
SK said…
B - After GABE Lisa often kept referring to you as Bearette but I couldn't.. it seemed weird after meeting Katie :) Funny....
When you first said 'a book my roomate gave me' I was thinking D? Is that what you are calling him now? Ha ha... b/c my dad used to say my mom was his roomate. I always thought it was funny.
SK said…
B - After GABE Lisa often kept referring to you as Bearette but I couldn't.. it seemed weird after meeting Katie :) Funny....
When you first said 'a book my roomate gave me' I was thinking D? Is that what you are calling him now? Ha ha... b/c my dad used to say my mom was his roomate. I always thought it was funny.
Anonymous said…
Funny, I find that I usually like the ice cream flavors that are like a punch to the head :)
Bearette said…
Lost - hee! no, i meant my college roomie. we were roommates for 2 years, so that's always how i'll think of her.

kitkat - i used to be, too. in college i would sometimes eat a whole pint of chunky monkey *gasp*
Amy said…
I'm a leftie too! I like to think that we're the smarter writers.
Bearette said…
good call ;)
Tim Rice said…
Interesting meme; but too long for me to do. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!