So we took E to the beach yesterday with two friends. I slathered on sunscreen and then I romped in the ocean, assuming the sunscreen was waterproof. Um, it wasn't. Fortunately my skin has always been a bit olive, so I didn't burn, or at least too seriously; I do have one red patch. But I put a bunch of lotion on today and it feels much better.

One of my friends recently had a baby, and another is about to. Neither woman is married. It's interesting to me how there are so many ways to come into the world - planned, unplanned, parents married, parents not married. I saw a 3-D ultrasound of the growing baby. She looked peaceful.

Comments

This suzy said…
One of my friends in college always said that she wanted to have kids no matter what, and that if she got to a certain point in her life where she wasn't married and it wasn't looking like it was going to happen for her any time soon, she would adopt. Turns out that time must have been around her early 30's because she just adopted a baby girl a couple months ago!
Bearette said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!