So my 35th birthday is coming up. I am not viewing it with total dread. I made a point of scheduling a party for that night. So I'll be at a yummy Indian restaurant with friends, and I plan to have at least one Indian Rose (a cocktail with a rose petal floating on top). Years ago, my sister-in-law ate the petal, just to see if it was edible. Her words: "You can eat it, but I wouldn't recommend it."

My book pile is quite huge. I picked up two extra books at Books-a-Million in Chicago, and also hit the library. Here are the titles:

29 by Adena Halpern: About a seventy-something woman who time-travels back to age 29. She has several pearls of wisdom, such as: "Don't pluck your eyebrows completely off! They *won't* grow back." I don't pluck mine at all.

The Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives by Josie Brown: Looks completely trashy, but maybe fun.

What I Thought I Knew by Alice Eve Cohen: Memoir of a woman who finds herself divorced and pregnant in her 40s.

Beachcombers by Nancy Thayer: Summer trash.

The Island by Elin Hilderbrand: See above.

The Hand That First Held Mine by Maggie O'Farrell: Currently reading this one. It's written by the author of The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox. This one has a similar surreal feeling.

Let the Northern Lights Erase Your Name and The Lovers, both by Vendela Vida (Dave Eggers' girlfriend/wife?).

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.

Comments

This suzy said…
That's quite a pile! I hope they're mostly good.

In case I miss it later, Happy Birthday!!
Bearette said…
Me too :)

Thanks, Suzy.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!