Whew

So I finished my hat. I'd put up a picture of it, except it looks like every other ribbed hat I've made. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. Anyway, I started knitting cable mittens, which is quite the experience so far. I've knitted mittens on double-pointed needles before, and I've done cable knitting before, but I've never done cable knitting on double-pointed needles. So I hit a bit of a learning curve, got around it, and now things are going smoothly. I have more stick-to-it-iveness with knitting than I do in other areas of my life. Not sure why.

I also got a book called Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin. It's about the real-life Alice who inspired Lewis Carroll. It looks like it will be very good. Of course, I wonder if it was timed to come out simultaneously with the movie. I'd like to see the movie, too.

Comments

Caro said…
You should read the book before. I always prefer books to movies.
Bearette said…
Yup, the book is great so far. Hopefully the movie will be good too - I'm planning to see it on Sunday.
Anonymous said…
I can't wait to see the movie this weekend!

I'm glad you're knitting again. Your knitting was the final straw that prompted me to start knitting, so I hope you'll put up pictures of the mittens at least. I love the local yarn shop here too for the same reason you described. What's not to like about soft yarn and pretty colors everywhere?
Bearette said…
I will, when I finish :) My knitting pace is a little slower with a toddler, though...
Tracy said…
HAT HAT HAT HAT!!!
Okay... fine. No photos of the hat. : (

Ooooh... mittens! Can't wait to see those! I now can use DPN's but I swear I'm going to poke my eye (or at least my face) one of these days.
Bearette said…
Tracy - i put a halfway-done pic of the mitten on FB :) Maybe when I finish the mitten, I'll get my act together to put up a pic of the mitten *and* the hat...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!