For the knitters

So I've been knitting somewhat obsessively. I have noticed that, when you're in a knitting phase, it doesn't so much matter *what* you're knitting, so long as you're knitting. It's meditative. That said, I think most knitters do have a favorite knit object. For me, it is generally hats, with occasional forays into scarves and mittens. I've made a long-sleeved sweater, a short-sleeved sweater, and two shawls, but I get much more use out of the accessories.

BUT...I am drawn toward this pattern in Knitty. I think I would even make it in their chosen color, orchid, rather than my beloved pink. And I've used that yarn before, and liked it.

What's holding me back? Well, sometimes knitted garments are boxy, although this one doesn't look it. And it would be a little bit challenging. It's "piquant", which in Knitty terms means, well, a little bit challenging. I have made piquant stuff before. Before I had a kid. But, you know...I think I might do it.

Comments

blackcrag said…
I like that cardigan. I like that colour too. But then, I like cardigans in general.

I wore a grey cable knit cardigan my mother knitted for me for years. I didn't retire it until Mum offered me a dark red cardigan with navy blue sleeves. She actually made it for my father, but it was too small for him.
Bearette said…
except now i am wavering, and considering making this instead:

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEss10/PATTlagitana.php

I like knitting cables, and the idea of a hoodie...
Lisa said…
I agree: Very often for me it is less about what I'm knitting and more about just the physical act of knitting. Which is perhaps why I tend toward simple projects that don't require a lot of pattern changes or construction---scarves, hats, and dishcloths.
Anonymous said…
I think it's really cute. I haven't made any full garments yet, but I should get on that asap. I like hats because they're quick, so I don't tire of the pattern like I do with scarves. I'm actually in a little bit of knitting withdrawal right now because I haven't decided on a new project.
Bearette said…
Maybe something from Speed Knitting? And I probably will do the cardigan. I'm drawn to it.
Anonymous said…
Perhaps. There's a "summer shift" in there (a short-sleeved, tunic-looking garment) that looks like something I might actually wear. After reading Lisa's comment, I have to say I'm the same way. I like to knit somewhat absent-mindedly. Having to count each row and all that is so tedious!
Anonymous said…
I have to agree with what you said in the beginning. I am going threw a knitting phase at the moment and I have been doing all I can to knit.
Bearette said…
Welcome to knitting obsession :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!