Hi! I'm up freakishly early. I guess that's what happens when you fall asleep freakishly early. I'm not complaining, though - I feel well-rested.

Yesterday I went to an in-law event and met D's cousin's new baby. She only weighs 11 pounds, is about 7 weeks old, and looks like a sweet-faced potato. A potato in the most charming sense. It's one of those cases where she looks exactly like her mom, as if the father's genes were skipped over altogether. I held her for a few minutes and she listed to the right. Apparently she doesn't like to be upright - she is always, always leaning to the right. Holding her was almost enough to make me want another one (with emphasis on the "almost").

A strange thing has happened. I'm without a book. There's simply nothing that's grabbing me right now. However, on my Amazon wish list, which is annotated with the month each book will come out (okay, I can't believe I admitted that), there are a few good books coming out in April. So I'm looking forward to that.

Comments

BabelBabe said…
did i ask you already if you've read One Thousand White Women?
Bearette said…
No, is it any good?
Bearette said…
I ended up getting 2 books at Borders, so the crisis was averted :)
blackcrag said…
Instead of looking forward to a book release, look back. Try a classic, like a Bronte sister, or Dickens. Or something that is out of your usual genre, like Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (actually a philosophy tome not a mechanical text) which is keeping company with Superfreakonomics (a hilarious look at the weird effects of economics in action, such as how the standard of living for a prostitute has declined and how to catch a terrorist through his bank records) which are keeping each other company on my bedside table right now.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!