So I got back to New York and found a little packet from Random House on the kitchen table. Yay! I did not get the advance reviewer copy of Heart of the Matter, by Emily Giffin, which I had been hoping for; but I did get a copy of Get Lucky, which is hideously named, but it's by Katherine Center, whom I like. She also wrote The Bright Side of Disaster and Everyone is Beautiful, and I enjoyed both. She would probably be classified as "chick lit," but she is also smart, and I like her fun, crisp writing style.

The train ride was largely uneventful, though E did throw up once, as he sometimes does on moving vehicles (except the stroller). It didn't seem to bother him, though I felt sad for him, and he enjoyed playing with his alphabet puzzle. The W is missing.

Comments

Poppy said…
The W is missing? Where did it go?

E is the only baby I know who throws up on moving vehicles. Or, at least he's the only one I know I know. :) Kinda sad... guess we can't ride the subway train for hours.
Bearette said…
It's the mystery of the hour! I think it's probably at my mother's house. 'Cause I know we had it on the train to MA...
My two would always throw up in the car... We always took a bucket in the car w/us... Both have grown out of it... thank God... btw have never noticed Giffin's books before, read a few reviews and will have to check her out.
Bearette said…
She's great. I recommend reading Something Borrowed first, out of her books.
Anonymous said…
I loved Everyone is Beautiful.

So do you carry a plastic baggie on the train? And does he give advance warning, or is it usually a surprise? :)
Bearette said…
Liz - Total surprise. It's cute how calm he is about it, though. Just "urp" and then it's over. Sadly, I am not together enough to have a plastic baggie :) I mopped it up with an Acela napkin...
Anonymous said…
This is very late, but you probably didn't get an advance review copy of Emily's new book because Random House is not her publisher. St. Martin's Press is. It's not under the Random House umbrella. But the book is due out May 11, 2010.
Bearette said…
It was definitely Emily's book. I read it and enjoyed it. I may have received a separate ARC from Random House at the same time; in fact, I believe that is what happened.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!