I'm intrigued...there is a new book out called The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake. Not until June, but it's never too early to add it to one's Amazon wish list. It's written by Aimee Bender, who has written a couple of trippy but clever books. One of her short stories lingered with me, about a couple who stole a ring that had some kind of magical properties. I have, it turns out, forgotten most of the story, but I remember the ring sitting in a bin of flour.

Tomorrow I will have some alone time to just percolate and think things over. I am looking forward to it.

Comments

I looked up the book on Barnes and Noble..omg, this looks like a good one- also very sad... apparently the cake has the magical powers and she learns about her mother's emotions... 9 yrs. old wow, how overwhelming that would be for a child...
Bearette said…
I agree. It sounds really interesting.
I will never catch up w/that pile of books I have! lol
Poppy said…
I'm looking forward to seeing if that book is any good, because the title is an A++++.
Bearette said…
:) the cover is cool too. Shows some yellow layer cake with chocolate frosting.
love.shopping58 said…
Hi!
Your blog is really good!
I recognised you have the Thisaway rose backround that comes with blogger, if you want a more colourful or whatever backround here is a website to visit:
www.pyzam.com
Visit my blog called
www.everything4grlz.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Just some advice by the way
xx
BabelBabe said…
hey, she is grouped in with Judy Budnitz who wrote one of the strangest but most powerful short stories I have ever read. I must check her out. which book of hers would you recommend starting with?
Bearette said…
I would recommend starting with The Girl in the Flammable Skirt. I think that's the one with the short story I liked.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!