Okay, I am ready for some warmth. I admire those who enjoy outdoor winter sports, but I am not one of them. It is so forbidding and grey outside.

On the plus side, I picked up some books for my trip:
The English Major by Jim Harrison (slightly folksy, funny, and maybe wise)
Ms. Taken Identity by Dan Begley (seems to be chick lit, though written by a man)
The Epicure's Lament by Kate Christensen (who just doesn't seem to go wrong; her novel Jeremy Thrane seems to be hard to find, though. I'll have to get it on Amazon.)

What are you reading?

Also, I am girding my loins, readying for battle, pick your own metaphor, with regard to bringing E on the plane. I've never done this before. He tends to throw up on long car rides; hopefully this won't happen on a flight. I will also need to bring bottles for him. I've heard vague stories about having to drink from the bottle to satisfy security. We'll see...

Comments

BabelBabe said…
if you nurse him during takeoff/landing, it should help. I hope he sleeps. dose him with Benadryl if you must; seriously.

Just finished The Birthing House - VERY odd.
reading Georgette Heyer now.

have a good trip!
BabelBabe said…
wait, maybe you're not still nursing? sorry. Not sure if I was being insensitive there or no..
This suzy said…
I started Anna Karenina last month, but I've kind of stalled with it. It's really long and WORDY. Have you ever read it?
Bearette said…
Not insensitive at all :) I did stop nursing, but that's cool. I've never read The Birthing House. Curious now...
Bearette said…
Suzy - i actually love AK, except for the bit in part II about Levin and wheat.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!