Yay!! I am in Miami!! I love the art-deco colors, the turquoise ocean, the coral buildings. We lucked out, getting a 3-bedroom, but only having to pay for a 2-bedroom. There is Internet access everywhere (unlike some years, when I had to go out in the hall to play online). This more than makes up for some misfortune with the plane.

When we got to Miami, all our luggage emerged on the conveyor belt...except for E's stroller. Slowly, everyone else's luggage came out. Still no stroller. So we found out that the TSA seized the stroller, examined it, and then kindly sent it to Miami on a later flight. We waited around for said flight to arrive.

When the stroller came, it seemed dirtier and smellier (though that might have been my imagination). I noticed the compartment under the stroller was empty except for a couple of bedraggled Gristede's receipts. This means they confiscated the Phil Collins liner notes (No Jacket Required) that E stowed under there months ago. I wonder if Phil is considered a threat to national security.

Comments

This suzy said…
Hope you all have a great vacation!!
Bearette said…
Thanks, Suzy! I am definitely enjoying the warmth...New York isn't so toasty right now.
Poppy said…
Unfortunate for E, but a hilarious story!

Bienvenidos a Miami!
Caro said…
Lucky you in the heat.
Caro said…
Last time we flew, they looked inside Jennifer's lotion bottle then didn't screw it back on tight. It was a nice mess, let me tell you. I think I would rather bicycle across the country than fly again. Hee.
Bearette said…
lol. they have loosened up on the liquids, fortunately...i remember them confiscating my toothpaste at the Boston airport once! this time, they didn't seem to care about my moisturizer/sunscreen.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!