I'm getting a slight case of cabin fever. Think The Shining. I'm not really in an abandoned hotel high up in the Colorado mountains, but it is cold enough to make going outside an unattractive prospect. I'd really like the temperature to be in the 30s one day. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

I finished Chemistry for Beginners last night and really enjoyed it. It followed another five-star read, In the Drink. Now I've started a light-as-air Jane Austen spin-off that I am also enjoying, but I want to make the trek to the Union Square Barnes & Noble to get the new Anne Tyler (one of my favorite authors).

Today I made pancakes from scratch and they were quite good, though a little salty. The recipe called for half a teaspoon, which didn't sound excessive; but I didn't add banana, as you were supposed to, since I didn't have it. Perhaps the salt was meant to cut the sweetness from the banana.

Comments

Caro said…
Humm banana pancakes ...with chocolate syrup ...droool
This suzy said…
I understand how that cabin fever goes. Although, between work and stuff, I can usually only manage to stay completely indoors for one full day. But there are a lot of other days I'd like to!
Anonymous said…
Are you doing any knitting to kill the fever? That's the primary reason I took up knitting while living in New York.

You just reminded me that I wanted to try to make macadamia pancakes sometime.
Bearette said…
I actually haven't done any knitting lately. I was able to hold onto reading and yoga, but something had to give, with a toddler ;)
Poppy said…
I understand the cabin fever.

I don't even feel like going out into the world right now. I'm only going out when I have to.

When it's warmer and I've finished this certification (STILL not done!) I will finally be free to hang out with people again! I really wanna buy you and E a veggie dog and fries. :)
Bearette said…
That would be awesome! Good luck with your certification :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!