Coffee and books

So I'm heading back to Manhattan tomorrow. I think I'm ready. I need more recommendations for my Netflix queue.

I've been reading The Epicure's Lament by Kate Christensen. She is fast becoming one of my favorite writers.

I also developed an addiction to skinny vanilla lattes at Starbucks during this vacation. The past two mornings, I actually needed them, because I slept poorly due to car music. Last night, I slept well so I don't actually *need* it. Am on the fence about whether to get them or not. Someone told me a long time ago that good skin depends on not drinking coffee...probably a vain reason to fight the addiction...but hey, it's bad for your blood pressure too.

Comments

Caro said…
Well I drink coffee and I have very dry skin, some due to thryoid. But supposedly coffee has health benefits too? Eh, who knows. Not taking it up will certainly save you money. WV is unclam. lol
Bearette said…
Definitely. Those vanilla lattes were $3 and change.
Poppy said…
I would loooooooove to recommend movies for you, but I think our movie tastes are too vastly different. We just watched The Hurt Locker ___for our ANNIVERSARY___ and that made me happy. So... yah.

I don't drink Starbucks anymore. I have Dunkin Donuts or Au Bon Pain. Need it to get through the 11 hours of day spent outside my home. :) My skin sucks, but I'm starting to take flaxseed oil!
blackcrag said…
Personal motto: I drink coffee for my own pleasure and other's safety.

If I didn't already drink coffee others would make me. But I usually only drink regular java, not the froufrou drinks, and only drink two a day, one as I leave home and one at work. So it (and I) am under control.
Anonymous said…
Starbucks drinks are really good with soy milk, too. Expensive habit, though. I limit myself to one every week or two.

So many things are supposed to be bad for your skin, but I think sun takes the cake. Everything in moderation. :)
judy in ky said…
For Netflix: Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day; I Capture the Castle.
Starbucks coffee is too strong for me. I just have a cup a day, plain Columbian, brewed in my Keurig.
Bearette said…
Thanks, Judy! I will add them to my queue. For some reason, the coffee I get there is not too strong for me...I think it's so diluted with milk that it works out.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!