Howdy

Yes, I'm up at 4 am. But the baby slept for an 8-hour stretch, so I can't complain. I just had an apple and D and I are typing away on our computers (though I'm sure he's using his for serious, work-ly purposes).

I hate to admit it, but the dreaded CIO (crying it out) appears to work. We tried it once, when he was 2 1/2 months old, and lasted an hour. We felt sure we had made a mistake trying it at all, but he slept a 6-hour stretch for the first time the next night.

Last night, we tried it again. I had just given him a huge "meal" and D happened to wake him up by coughing. So I knew he wasn't hungry. Against D's objections, I let him cry it out. We lasted an hour and felt sure we had made a mistake. (Sound familiar?) But tonight, he did an 8-hour stretch.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, I suppose all our mothers were right. I can't believe I'm saying that.
BabelBabe said…
it does work. i did it with my other three but cant bring myself to do it for Q. I am a wimp. : )
Bearette said…
kitkat - my mom says she can't remember if she did it. hmm.

BB - i don't blame you! i'm not sure what got into me the night before last. i think it was the fact that i knew he wasn't hungry.
This suzy said…
I always hear that parents hate to have to do it, but that it usually seems to work. So I hope it keeps going well and maybe it'll get a bit easier!
Bearette said…
thanks, suzy. i hope you have a fun time in texas :)
Caro said…
Hooray for 8 hours of sleep!
Bearette said…
Unfortunately, he did not do an encore last night. Oh well.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!