The case of the red-haired debutante

So a new babysitter came over for a couple of hours today. Before meeting her, I talked with her on the phone and checked 3 of her references. They all loved her. Then I Googled her and found out that she played field hockey in high school and...was a debutante? It was one of those pictures where you count third from the left to locate the person. She appeared to be a tiny redhead. I thought, will she be able to hold E? E is probably over 16 pounds now (I'll find out for sure at his next pediatrician's appointment).

But when she came to our door, I saw that she was a brunette and not the same person. She was bubbly and friendly and we chatted for a while. Finally, I said, "I have a confession to make...I Googled you and found this debutante picture."

She said, "Oh yeah, I did that in June."

I said, "Really? 'Cause it looked like you had red hair!"

She said, "Oh no, it's always been brown. I never dyed it."

Now I'll have to find the real her in the picture...

P.S. I figured it out. The caption writer and I had different opinions on what constitutes "top row" and "bottom row."

Comments

Caro said…
Debutante and field hockey don't seem to go well together, do they?
Poppy said…
Sometimes Google comes through... and sometimes it makes things worse. ;)
This suzy said…
I don't think I've ever met a real debutante before.
Bearette said…
Me neither! She is very down-to-earth and sweet, though - not at all like the stereotype.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!