So I went today to get an ultrasound and a blood test. It's kind of hard to type, b/c there's a cotton puff and band-aid on my left index finger! But I'll try. The dr told me, "From now on, a technician will give you your ultrasounds," and this was my first technician experience.

It went pretty well. She poured hot jelly on my lower abdomen and I was afraid it would scald the baby, but nothing happened. She had a Russian accent. She said, "Good baby!" and then she said, "A stubborn baby. But they are all stubborn." (I guess she wanted it to move so she could get a better look.) She said it looked "very comfortable." It better be - I give it all the Toblerone and mac & cheese it wants! :D

So she gave me some pics of the baby. It has grown considerably since my last ultrasound, when it was the size of a generous jelly bean. Now its head is half the length of its body! (This is normal, though.) Its heartbeat is loud, strong and regular. "Very good one," the technician enthused. I got a look at the baby's face in one of the pics. Its nose looks a little angular, and it seems to have high cheekbones. It kind of looked wise and calm ;)

They said everything looked good, so that was reassuring.

Comments

Elsa said…
Glad the ultrasound went well. So...did you find out...boy or girl?
Bearette said…
Too early to tell, unfortunately. I think I can find out in 3 weeks.
Mz.Elle said…
YAYAYAYAYAY!
Congratulations!
I'm so excited for you..can you tell?;)

When I had my untrasounds,suddenly my pregnancy was so much more real..did you find that too?
Bearette said…
Yes! when you can't see them, it's like, hmm, maybe they're not there...makes no sense, of course ;) then when you see them, they seem real.
Poppy said…
What Ms.L said? Is totally what I say too. I thought I was the only one who did YAYAYAYAYAY, glad to see not. :)
This suzy said…
Yea for you and baby!! I'm glad everything went well with the ultrasound. :)
Roxanne said…
Keep feeding that baby all the yummy food it is craving. Glad to hear things are going well. :)
Anonymous said…
I can't wait for the big sex reveal!

oh, you know what I mean. I realize this is a family blog now. :)
Bearette said…
I want the sex reveal, too :)

And some mac & cheese. It must have a crunchy topping, or it's no good.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!