Another day, another pool

So D and I went to his pool today. It is known as an "actors' pool", and I did see one kinda famous actor -- Chris Rock's advisor in Head of State. I dutifully went in the slow lane and the swimmers were not as strong as they are at the other gym. They were all comfortably slow and we coexisted peacefully together.

I really like swimming lately. You can lie on your back, flutter your legs, do backstroke with your arms or just bring them together above your head and then down by your sides. It's completely relaxing and yet you are working your arms, legs and trunk. It's amazing.

Comments

Caro said…
Firsties! That water would have to be mighty warm to get me in at this time of year, like bathtub warm.
Mz.Elle said…
Mmmm,I love to swim too..excellent exercise and too darn relaxing. I always feel like I need a nap afterwards:)
Anonymous said…
I agree with ms.l. I always feel terribly hungry and sleepy after a swim, but I love it.

I wonder, do you wear a swimcap?
Bearette said…
i do, and they make me stuff all my hair in it. i wish they made some swim cap for large men, b/c my head is big anyway, and with the hair stuffed in...forget it. but they claim to be "one size fits all." i think that is usually a lie ;)
Bearette said…
Ms. L - it does make me feel a bit nap-ish, so sometimes we lounge on the deck near the pool! there's a nice skylight and everything :)

C - the water is actually cool, but i find it refreshing! i used to think it was too cold, but they warmed it up a bit :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!