How I almost got locked in a Justin Timberlake shrine.

So D and I tried a new restaurant tonight. To be precise, it was a new branch. We'd been to their other location. But this one was better. It was as campy as it gets. The menus were record covers (I got "Stayin' Alive", D got 70s-era Barry Manilow) and there were display cases in the wall with different themes: Hairspray (featuring Edna and Tracy Turnblad dolls), Menudo (featuring 5 dolls in sweaters, plus a photo of the actual members, wearing Speedos with hairless chests) and Michael Jackson (a Michael Jackson doll with life-size handcuffs dangling above. No little boys.)

Anyway, the bathroom had a star on the door that said Justin Timberlake. I went in and it was hilarious. There was a display case that said JUSTIN and SEXY, with a shirtless picture of him and a shirtless boy-doll. One entire wall was a tile mosaic, with him in a white suit, foot on top of a disco ball (like his CD cover). Inside the bathroom, "What Comes Around" piped in (while other music was playing outside).

Then the door wouldn't open! I tried pushing the handle up, down, locking and unlocking: no luck. I started knocking on the door and yelled, "D! I can't get out!" Fortunately our table was near the bathroom, so I was pretty sure he would hear me. A waiter beat him to it and said, "I don't know what's wrong with this door." I asked if it happened a lot, and he said, "It happened to me!"

So watch out for the Justin Timberlake shrine. It just may suck you in.

Comments

Poppy said…
I'm glad you got out, but that is HILARIOUS. :) Thanks for sharing. :) :)
Anonymous said…
Once I got stuck in a bathroom stall with an overflowing toilet. At least there wasn't a shirtless JT in there.
This suzy said…
I bet one of Justin's people rigged the bathroom.
Mz.Elle said…
oooh noooo!
Hee Hee it sounds funny tho;p
Bearette said…
Yeah, I was thinking, "As fun as this shrine is, I don't want to be in here forever."

;)
Perplexio said…
Justin just wanted to bring sexy back to you PERSONALLY, and figured the only way to do so was to hold you captive in his shrine!
Roxanne said…
Bringing sexy back...in the bathroom??

Sorry, Liz. But I could go for the shirtless JT in a bathroom stall any day. Minus the overflowing toilet though. ;)
Kay said…
Ha ha! I'm with you -- I'm not a huge JT fan, so I can imagine how that would be a very disconcerting experience.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
Amy said…
Was the restaurant Vinyl, or however they spell it? I probably wouldn't mind being stuck in a Justin shrine though :-)
Bearette said…
Yes, exactly. Vynl. I guess they have it in L.A., too.
Caro said…
There is no escape from Justin Timberlake. LOL

I loved Peplexio's comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!