I saw Dan in Real Life today. Other than the fact that everybody in the (surprisingly full) theater seemed to have the croup, I really enjoyed it. From the poster and commercials, I'd feared it would be terribly cliched. But it wasn't. It had that same clever, offbeat humor that seems to pervade all his movies (The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Little Miss Sunshine).

However, there were 2 little girls in the bathroom afterward who didn't like it as much as I did.

Girl #1: I didn't really like it.

Girl #2: I just cracked my knee.

Girl #1: It was okay. It wasn't awful.

Girl #2: It was pre-dic-ta-ble.

I almost laughed because my predictions were totally off. I had the ending mapped out in my head but it didn't turn out that way.

Afterward I swung by the supermarket to get some muffins. Their bakery is very tempting. I was torn between the "cranmuffins" and blueberry muffins. The cran ones were really calling out to me, but blueberry is, you know, safer. So I asked the bakery man which was better. He explained, "Well, the cranberry has an orange flavor. And the blueberry is just blueberry."

So of course I got the cranberry. And it seems to be a wise choice :)

Comments

Poppy said…
I'm not sure why, but the muffin has never appealed to me.
Bearette said…
! Maybe these would change your mind. The mass-produced, dried-out ones are definitely not appealing.
Poppy said…
It's the same with pancakes and cake and other fluffy baked goods. I kinda prefer pastries (chocolate croissants :D ) and bakery cookies. I have no reason why. I'm kind of a picky eater. :-/
This suzy said…
I've had cranberry orange muffins before that were pretty good. I wonder why they don't call them cranberry orange there if that's the flavor they have? lol
Bearette said…
Yeah, that would make sense!
Caro said…
I hope you don't catch the croup.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!