Political eating habits

Tonight D and I had dinner with a friend who is Republican (a rarity in New York and probably the Northeast in general). D posited that Republicans always get meat or fish and that anything else is "out of their realm of possibility." D was thinking of our other Republican friend, P, who always gets meat, cranberry juice and dessert.

Our friend agreed, saying that liberals often get salad and a little bit of everything. (D and I had pasta dishes, and we all shared bruschetta to start.)

How do your food choices reflect your politics?

Comments

Anonymous said…
At home, I eat meat now because it's easier than cooking two meals. When I go out to eat, however, I usually opt for a vegetarian pasta or salad, unless I'm craving a hamburger. I generally skip the appetizer or soup or pre-meal salad because I can't eat that much. I'd consider myself a liberal.
This suzy said…
By that theory, I'm a Republican. In reality, I probably lean more towards Republican, but I really don't subscribe to either (or any) party. Just seems like no matter what party a politician is from, he/she is going to tell you one thing to get elected and then do whatever once they're in office.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!