Animal planet

So I visited Rainer today. His new thing is to tilt his head back and stare at me till I pat him on the head, at which point he closes his eyes and he looks like the very picture of bliss ;) Some woman smiled when she saw him in my lap and said, "He looks just like my cat...minus twenty pounds." Now, Rainer is a sweetheart, but he is not a slender cat. I can't help wondering what Rainer Plus looks like ;)

On the other end of the spectrum, we saw a tiny chihuahua on the sidewalk with its owner. A ring of people had gathered around it. It was strangely mesmerizing; you couldn't take your eyes off it. It was three weeks old.

And I may have a new cat friend soon. He lives in a shop on my street, but it's unfortunately always closed when I pass by (at night). The door is glass, though, so I can see him. Once he was sitting right there, so I said hello. He got excited and pawed at the door, and also rubbed his face against it. It's funny how some cats love you, and others won't give you the time of day (there's one who lives in a small grocery store nearby, and he ignores everyone. In a benign way.)

Comments

Mz.Elle said…
I love those tiny pocket dogs. Our nrighbor has one and it is the cutest thing.
Cats are funny about their affections. I think that's why we like them so much...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!