Leah just sent me on a little trip down memory lane. She mentioned Corey Hart in her blog entry. In fourth grade, I thought Corey Hart's "Never Surrender" was the most comforting song on earth. I believe it belonged to my sister, and I'm pretty sure it was a 45!!!!! (For any young 'uns reading my blog, it's a small, round piece of vinyl with a hole in the center.)

I got my blood drawn yesterday and it was the most painless blood-taking ever. I have to applaud the nurse's mad skillz. She had me squeeze a ball in my fist and tied a tourniquet tightly around my arm, but these tactics are probably standard. So I don't know what her secret is. But she got my vein on the first try. So I was impressed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have very visible veins in the crook of my right arm, so they can usually get the needle in quickly and painlessly. But once I got a newbie who wanted to use my left arm- God only knows why- and she fished around in there for so long that I almost passed out. Her supervisor finally came in to rescue me and told her, "Go for the vein you can actually see."

I thought that was wise advice.
Mz.Elle said…
My sis loved Corey Hart,heheheh

I'm glad you had a good experience with the vampire lady;p
Bearette said…
That's right, she had fangs ;)

Seriously, I want her to draw my blood every time!! It was heaven b/c I usually get stabbed a million times (like Liz described above).
Elsa said…
That's great on the blood. I have very small veins - so it's always a long-drawn-out ordeal when I go. I used to give blood, but twice they told me not to come back because it was too difficult to find my veins. It was so bad that once they accidentally pierced a capillary and my arm had a huge black and blue area (eventually became yellow) for a month!
Iamthebookworm said…
I wish I lived up there! The last time I had blood taken it took her about 5 tries to get a vein. I have deep veins and they kept collapsing.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!