The trilogy

Today I finished watching the trilogy of movies my mother warned me not to watch. They are: Closer, Million Dollar Baby and Broken Flowers. I watched the first two a few years ago. Closer was okay. Then I watched Million Dollar Baby. It was so depressing that I wished I could un-watch it. So Mom was right about that one, and I held off on watching Broken Flowers. Until last night (and today when I finished it. I love the instant-movie feature on Netflix).

Anyway, I really liked Broken Flowers. I don't know if it's for everyone - Bill Murray plays the same character he played in Lost in Translation, and there's a fair amount of mooning around. However, it has the whole road trip thing going for it (I always love that), a lot of "name" actresses (Sharon Stone, Jessica Lange and Chloe Sevigny) and a sort of quiet reflection that appealed to me. It was not neatly resolved. At all. But that struck me as realistic.

In other news, I am almost done with my cardigan. The body is finished. I've started one of the sleeves, then I just have to make the other, and seam the whole thing together. The sewing is always my least favorite part - I'm a big fan of knitting in the round.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I totally agree about knitting in the round now that I know how to do it. Seams are my enemy.

I had about the same reaction to Closer and Million Dollar Baby. Million Dollar Baby was such a great film in that it really made me feel, but it was heartbreaking. I'll have to check out Broken Flowers :)
Bearette said…
Yeah, I think you would like it.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!