So here is my newest project, Cleaves:


As you can see, it's a kind of combo of sweater and shrug - big puffy sleeves connected with a cowl. It's deliciously soft and warm, but hard to wear - the cowl keeps slipping down. I made it with Malabrigo yarn, which I always come back to. The yarn stores here don't seem to know it's the best and only yarn...they stock others, and not always enough of the Malabrigo. But what can you do?

I'm psyched to go to Memphis, mainly because it's like going to a foreign country without leaving the country. At an old friend's urging, I am going to (probably) take a riverboat cruise down the Mississippi (only 90 minutes, not one of those dinner/dance thingies) and I already have my ticket to tour Graceland and see Elvis's jets. Hehe. I am expecting it to be quite campy. I do tend to enjoy these things; I liked seeing Hearst's mansion in San Simeon.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Inspirational fatherhood? Haha.

I hope you have a great time in Memphis. I actually live pretty close to the Hearst castle (if you didn't already know that), but I haven't been. I've gotten mixed reviews from people about it.
judy in ky said…
The sweater looks gorgeous on you! I hope you have fun in Memphis.
Bearette said…
Thanks, Judy. If I get some good pictures, I'll definitely put them up :)
Bearette said…
Kate - it's worth seeing. I loved the indoor pool with the blue tile. Yeah, it's excessive, but also beautiful.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!