So today I got the itch to knit. I haven't knit anything in a few months, I think. To be accurate, I had the itch a few days ago, but then discovered (after a long trek downtown) that my favorite yarn shop doesn't open till noon. So I went back today with the baby in tow. He was sleeping.

The beautiful colors of the yarn, and its nice soft texture (though some skeins are scratchy, I just don't buy those ones) make me happy. The whole place is like a knitter's fantasy. The skeins are all piled up high on the shelves and look good enough to eat.

I got a skein of this to make a hat with, and this to make cable mittens with. The hat is in progress.

Also, I read a kind of hipster blog (I say it affectionately) where she talks about Vampire Weekend. I checked them out on iTunes, and I like them. Does anyone else think they sound really similar to Paul Simon's Graceland? Dated reference, I know. Anyway, I now have a few Vampire Weekend tunes on my iPod, though if I were a *real* hipster, I'd have them on vinyl. (Disclaimer: one of my friends always buys vinyl, but he is virulently anti-hipster. I think he is just hearkening back to his youth.)

Comments

blackcrag said…
We all have our fixations--the thing we have to do. Even if we take a break from it for a while, we always come back to it. Yours is knitting, mine is cooking.
This suzy said…
Welcome back to knitting!! Two of the ladies at the yarn store I go to mentioned that there are times when their knitting goes "dormant."
Bearette said…
Yes, that's exactly what happened.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!