Last night I finished a trashy Texan saga - Roses by Leila Meacham. I enjoyed it quite a bit, though it started to lag at the end - too much emphasis on the "land." For the most part, it was a cross between Gone with the Wind and The Thorn Birds (multigenerational, but set in the south instead of Australia).

After that, I started The Brightest Star in the Sky by Marian Keyes. I'm really liking it. I was a little bit burned by her last one, This Charming Man. It was quite long and relentlessly dark, about a physically abusive politician and the women in his life. Also, it didn't ring true. So it's a relief that she's back to her usual witty, sparkling form in this one.

Comments

Caro said…
I need to start reading again, but I have trouble keeping up when the book is in English.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!